Project Brief: The project aims to contribute towards the achievement of inclusive and equitable quality education in Government primary schools (GPS) through initiatives for increasing children’s participation and performance as well as contributing to a safe, joyful and protective environment. Through the project, joint initiatives with the govt. will be taken so that out of school children enjoy mainstreamed education. In addition, the project will strengthen capacity of teachers on child-entered teaching-learning process. Besides, cocurricular activities such as debate, art, creative work, sports, and cultural show will be organized to improve capacity and the potential of the children. Moreover, to boost reading habits among the children, school library initiatives will be promoted. Adequate pedagogic materials will be provided to the children for smooth learning. Additionally, to improve children’s reading and maths skills, extra support will be provided to the slower learners through learning camp. On the other hand, to promote a fear free and safe school environment, the project will strengthen school-based child protection system.
General Objective: Contribution to safe, equitable and quality primary education at government primary schools in urban and suburban areas of Bangladesh.
Specific Objective: To promote safe, equitable and child-centred teaching learning process at targeted government primary schools in Dhaka, Narayanganj, Gazipur & Mymensingh Districts.
- Enhancing cocurricular, cultural and sports activities at school level
- Promoting school library initiative for enhancing knowledge and reading ability
- Providing pedagogic materials for children of the intervention schools
- Creating access to education for out of school children
- Linkage & Collaboration with government entities at Local and National level
- Training for education professionals on Child-centered teaching-learning process.
- Facilitating learning CAMP for slow learners on basic mathematics and reading skills
- Building Capacity of SMC, and relevant stakeholders on management and protection issues
- Strengthening school-based child protection system at school level
Location: Dhaka, Narayangonj (Rupganj), Gazipur (Kaliganj) and Mymensingh (Bhaluka) districts
Duration: 24 Months
Implementing partner: Dhaka Ahsania Mission (DAM), People’s Oriented Program Implementation (POPI), Eco-Social Development Organization (ESDO)
Direct Beneficiaries: 15,000 children, Teachers, SMC members.
Indirect Beneficiaries: 25,500 local people.
SDG contributing to: 4.1, 4.5, 4.a
Duration: 01 January 2021 – 31 December 2022